End of 2015…man this year flew by and it was such a great one!
Probably, the most exciting thing for me this year was that its officially been a year that I’ve worked as an accountant (minus the 6 month contract back in July). It is definitely hard work for me but I am glad my bosses love my work ethic, and haven’t fired me yet! 🙂
At the end of 2014, I actually made a 2015 resolution to keep myself healthy and go to the gym often. Pretty much the entire population makes this as their new years resolution. They get a gym membership, places are packed…but then they die down by March. I, however, vowed that I wasn’t going to be one of those people. On January 5, 2015, I got myself a gym membership. Today, December 31st, 2015, I’ve lost 2 pant sizes. Did I plan this? No haha I just wanted to keep myself healthy and stay in shape. I noticed that when I started my desk job, I gained desk weight. I knew I had to keep it off. This past summer when I tried on my jeans, they didn’t fit! I don’t the exact amount of pounds I lost but I know I lost some since my jeans don’t fit! It was definitely a great feeling knowing that I achieved at least one of my New Years resolution…hopefully I can carry this over into the new year 🙂
Here are other exciting ventures from 2015:
– Got to spend a lot more time with my niece, nephew and my sister. We went to a reds game, dave and busters, UC games, pool parties, cheer competitions and basketball games.
– Experienced my first Florida vacation and also seeing my best friends too. One of my friends that I visited worked as an intern at Disney World. So I got to see her and visit all the parks….my first visit! It was definitely a trip I won’t forget. Being a huge Disney fan, it was so cool meeting Buzz, Woody, Sully, Mike and all the other wonderful characters. Seeing the parks and being able to share this with my best friend, it doesn’t get any better
– My cousin got married this past summer too and we got to celebrate an awesome summer wedding.
– I also made my first adult purchase on a 2015 Honda Civic. It’s a pretty car and I love it more and more everyday!
– The newly renovated Nippert Stadium opened this year and UC Football was back home. I purchased season tickets this year and all the home games were fantastic. My favorite was probably the Miami Hurricanes game. They have an established football team. Last year, the Hurricanes stomped on us when we visited but we returned the favor this year 😉 After the incredible win, led by Freshman QB Hayden Moore, the students rushed the field and it was an awesome feeling witnessing the event.
– My parents and I also got to visit the Windy City. Chicago! We went and saw some of the landmarks such as the Bean and the Sky Deck. We walked around Millennium Park too. We went on a boat ride and the tour guide gave us history on the major building that we went through and got a picture too of the skyline. It was really awesome! Also, we had Chicago style pizza and it was the bomb.com. After the visit, we went to Frankfort to visit my childhood Sunday School teacher who is now a pastor in Illinois. It was a good getaway trip.
Definitely a lot to remember in 2015. There were a lot of hardships to overcome…the work force is not easy at times and I have my friends and family to thank to make me laugh and just remember that I am still blessed. I had to say goodbye to my Uncle Ray this year. My uncle lived in a retirement home in Kentucky with his wife. My parents and I would make trips to visit him and I would play piano because he just loves music. But late this year, he went to bed and never woke up. I’ll miss him everyday
2015 was great, something I never expected. I definitely have New Years resolutions, so I hope 2016 is even better! Hope you all have a great new years!